The IDC Digital Transformation Awards follows a two-phased approach to determine the country and regional winners. Each nomination is evaluated by IDC’s local and regional IDC analysts against a standard assessment framework based on IDC’s Digital Transformation taxonomy. All country winners will qualify for the regional competition, which will be decided by a regional panel of judges comprised of IDC worldwide analysts, industry thought leaders, and academia.
Any end-user organization can nominate their DX initiative or be nominated by a 3rd party organization (e.g. agencies, associations, IT suppliers etc.) to gain recognition in the execution of a DX initiative across the DX Awards categories. A nomination will only be considered valid when the following criteria are met:
- The nominee must be a tech buyer company/organization. Nominations made by 3rd parties must include the relevant contact details of the nominated organization so that the assessment can be completed.
- The organization should have a physical office presence in the country were the nomination is submitted.
- The nominee’s project owner acknowledges and agrees to participate in the DX Awards.
- The nominated project should have gone live and be at execution stage, or should have been initiated between January 2016 and February 2019.
- Projects that have been nominated for previous IDC DX Awards will not be eligible.
- Incremental changes or improvements to previous nominations for DX Awards would not be eligible.
The process and criteria used to assess all nominations will be consistent across all participating countries and the regional final. The judges will assess the nomination on the three key areas found within the nomination form and rate the overall nomination on the following:
- Agility: How well is agile development executed in the nominated project?
- Commitment: What is the level of commitment to digitally transform?
- Innovation: How innovative is the nominated project?
- Culture: Does the nominated project demonstrate a digital culture?
- Category-specific attribute